Screenshots in PhoneView
- Phone(s) "Web Access" property should be enabled.
- Phone(s) should be associated with the end user account configured in PhoneView.
- Phone(s) should be accessible from PhoneView installed PC.
If all the prerequisites are taken care already ,Please restart the device and try again for the Screenshot in Phoneview.
There are 3 ways to capture screenshots in PhoneView. user could capture screenshot manually, enable Automatic Screenshot on selected device(s) or entire phone estate.
- Manual screenshots on single or collection of devices
Select device(s) >>> Click “Phone Screenshot” button on the toolbar
- Enable Automatic screenshot on selected device(s).
Select device >>> Right click on the selected phone >>> Click Enable Automatic screenshot option.
Enable this option on required device(s) for Automatic screenshots updates.
- Enable Automatic screenshots on entire phone estate
Click on the Phone Screenshot drop down button on toolbar >>> Enable the Automatic Screenshot option. Once this option is enabled PhoneView automatically updates the screenshot on all the phones in Application.
- Confirm Phone(s) IP Address.
Confirm the IP Address of phone(s) matches in both CUCM and Phoneview.
If the IP Address does not match in CUCM and Phoneview, user could update the IP Address of the Device(s) in Phoneview by performing the following steps.
"Group" tab in Phoneview >>> "Update" >>> Choose the Group Name the phones "Group to update"
Wait for a while, until the activity log confirms "group updated successfully"
- Confirm the device(s) are associated to the end user account configured in PhoneView.
If the phone is accessible from PhoneView application and unable to retrieve screenshots. This could be due to an authenticating issue between the device and the application. PhoneView logs an error as follow.
“Command (Cmd:Screenshot)sent to device (Device Name) using thread(Thread name) with response Phone User(UserName)authentication error "
The above error message suggests that the end user account configured in phoneview failed to authenticate the device to request screenshot(s).
In order to troubleshoot this
- Request a manual screenshot using a web browser.
- http://[Phone IP]/CGI/Screenshot
E.g. If the device ip address is 192.168.1.12 the URL will be as follow “http://192.168.1.12/CGI/Screenshot”
NOTE: When prompted for credentials, provide the End User credentials used while configuring PhoneView.
If the above credentials does not authenticate,ensure the end user has the device associated. Addition to this confirm the Authentication URL of the phone(s).
If phones configured to only accept "HTTPS" connections, follow the below steps
* Group > Edit > [Your Cluster] > Advanced > Advanced > Click Enable HTTPS > Click Test > Click Update.
* File > Save.
* Restart phoneview and try to take a screenshot again.
it's best practice to use an IP Address instead of a hostname.if both URL’s are not accessible through the browser. Follow this http://support.unifiedfx.com/hc/en-gb/articles/211136626