There are two ways to create custom groups
1: Creating Custom Group By Selecting The Devices:
- Select the desired phone (Ctrl+A to select all the phones or Ctrl+click to select individual phone).
- Name the custom group using input field just beside Custom Group button. In this example we are creating a custom group called ITLDelete Group.
- Click the Custom Group button to create the custom group.
- Finally The custom group will be available in the data explorer.
To save custom group click on File --> Save button.
2: Creating Custom Group Using Data Import Feature:
User can also create custom group for bulk devices using PhoneView data import/export feature. User can export the phone data, edit the custom group column and import the data back in PhoneView.
To create custom group for bulk devices.
- Click File --> Export (select export option) and select the location where you want to store the file. PhoneView will export data in Excel format.
- Open the Excel file and edit Custom Group column by adding the group name for required devices.
- Finally to import the records back in Phone View click File --> import and select the correct file.
- Once the file been imported we can confirm the custom group created using data explorer.
or we can also check the custom group devices belongs to using Data View tab.